Welcome To Baby Moves!
In October 2001, we created Baby Moves in the heart of New York City's West Village to be a wonderful place where children and their families can experience an innovative style of learning quite different from anywhere else. We like to say, we play to learn and it has been a wonderful way for families to be in an educational environment, connect and have fun doing it.
Using an interdisciplinary approach, we offer specialty baby classes including baby music, baby gym, art classes and many programs for the youngest learners that you will love including:
- Musical Toolbox: this exciting music program is designed to help parents and caregivers integrate musical creativity into baby's everyday routine, as well as to expose babies to the sensory wonder of live music making. Babies an grown-ups will get to hear, see and touch instruments from every family of the orchestra, played live. The class will be lead on musical journey, while the teacher introduces ways that parents and caregivers can jumpstart their baby's musical aptitude during these first two years; the most important for musical learning.
Newborn to 3 years *$550
- Early Cortex & Cortex 101 (Perry School Prep): this combination class develops gross and fine motor skills through creative movement, musical games, gym time and art. Explore all areas of development through gym games and art projects in a fun, innovative environment. Exciting theme based art projects are incorporated into every class.
Early Cortex: 12-18months / Cortex 101: 18-24months. *$550
- My Messy Art Shop: these little artists have fun experiencing a variety of art processes and working with cool materials as they begin to master art skills. Children build their art vocabulary as they learn about different artists and art trends while having fun making their own cool pieces.
2-3 years old *$650
- Primos & Primas: this pre-dance class focus is on developing creativity, movement and rhythmic skills that foster the growth of a child's self-esteem and recognition of individual potential. A variety of activities and music introduces the youngest dancer to the magical world of music and movement.
2-3 years *$550
- All Four On The Floor: the youngest babies will enjoy this music and movement class. Carefully designed activities encourage physical development in balance and strength through movement games and gym time. Our play gym includes ramps, tunnels and slides to entice movement for the age group.Experienced music and movement educators lead in songs, movement educators lead in songs, movement, parachute games and bubble time.
Ages 3 months to 12 months *$550
- Toddler Dance: this toddler program includes basic and more challenging movements as the semester progresses while becoming comfortable with dancing on their own. The class begins with gentle separation and after six weeks aims to have children working independently in the dance studio. Children will play movement games with fun props that will delight even the youngest toddler.
Ages 18months- 3 years *$550
- Bluegrass For Kids: the little ones will experience traditional folk music and classic children's songs though singing, dancing, movements games and storytelling. Join this knee slapping Bluegrass music class for babies and toddlers! Sing along with Woody Guthrie, Dolly Parton, Earl Scruggs, The Dillards, Johnny Cash and more! Come swing your partner at Baby Moves!
*Please refer to our calendar too see a detailed schedule.
CLICK HERE to see our Spring 2015 schedule. CLICK HERE for our registration form.
We still have room in some of our Baby Moves classes. Prices will be prorated throughout the semester. See you soon!